ATLien. Droppin nolege from tha south fo' ya'll. It may be weird, but it's all true.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

SLAMON!

I have an honest to god question that I want you to answer. Does anyone really get DRUNK off wine? I drank 3/4 or more of a bottle of a good red wine (Michele Chiarlo Barbera D'Asti, 2001) tonight. Just doesn't do a goddamn thing in terms of a buzz for me. The only time I can get a good buzz is about 3 bottles of a good Rosenblum zin or pinot. What the fuck? I gotta spend more cash on a handle of liquor to get a better taste but 1/100 the buzz?

I made my lady and myself a sweet supper tonight. I've developed this ILL broiled salmon recipe. I don't know the exact measurements, but the sauce/marinade is as thick as molasses. Start with about half a cup to three-quarters a cup of brown sugar (trust me). Add about a tablespoon of the tube ginger (fresher and in the produce section) or powdered ginger (haven't used fresh in about 15 tries). Add about 2 tablespoons of soy sauce. Add about half a teaspoon of black pepper as well as salt (preferably kosher). And lastly, add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix into a syrup. Set aside about 3-4 tablespoons of the sauce for later (the reserve). Get a baking dish. Pour half of the sauce (NOT THE RESERVED SAUCE)into the baking dish. Place about a pound to a pound and a half or more of salmon (preferably wild) into the marinade. Let sit on each side for about 15 minutes. Set your oven to broil and set the top rack to the top level. Place the salmon on the broiling tray on top of some Pam or some other non-stick spray on the tray. Once the oven is hot enough, insert the broiling tray with the fish on it SKIN SIDE UP. Cook it for 5-6 minutes (you want the skin to blacken, not burn. Remove from oven. Flip the fish. Take the dish and scoop the remainder of the marinade (not the reserved) on top of the fish. Put it back in the oven for another minute to minute and a half. Remove. Let cool for a minute. Spoon the reserved, uncontaminated sauce on top of the cooked fish. Not too much. Make it look clean. Serve. Unreal. I served with boiled corn (in LOTS of salt, some pepper, and milk) and steamed spinach (no salt added). Great aphrodisiac. Let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home