ATLien. Droppin nolege from tha south fo' ya'll. It may be weird, but it's all true.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

I love the south

I think the thing that I love the most is the courtesy. Everyone is polite. Really. Strangers. Truck drivers. Douchebags. Even the douchebags are nice and say shit like "thank you" and "'preciate it." Fuck them. I'm an asshole.

But it's weird,
My friends know me as an easy going individual who gets along with most everyone. Why do I find it hard to believe that others reciprocate? Not that I have a lot in common with the hillbillies otherwise, but that's not necessarily a good thing. It's all about the simple life vs. the hectic shit. Pick your poison. The answer is somewhere in between. I find myself shamefully looking down on the poorer populations I encounter. Harsh. I drive by them in their rotten trailer homes. I donate in different ways to charities and what-not, but these folks are just totally comfortable in hard ass times. They are somewhere in between help from the outside and interacting in a progressive situation.

Around here there are VERY few people other than whites. I even hate to notice the difference (that there is something missing?), but I do. There are soooo many poor (white) people around here. The minorities I do see seem few. I don't know what to make of it. People call Atlanta the "Motown" of the south. I guess I have taken that for granted.

It's weird here. Of course I have only been here probably 8 days of my life. Maybe it is unfair. I haven't seen an Asian in days. I see maybe 15 black people all day. Women are overweight, have too much makeup on, or both. Lots of trucks. Lots. No Infiniti I-30s.

But it is comfortable.

I cherish Atlanta.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

pics.
we want pics of these places and these poor white people.

11:02 PM

 
Blogger nolege said...

There is no energy at these places. I will try to harness some energy.

11:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't find any black people in Atlanta? Are you fucking kidding me?

5:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home